The most awaited latest Android mobile operating system version i.e. «Android 8.1» codename «Android Oreo» has been announced by Google, and this is a successor of Android Nougat 7.0 version. According to Google, Android Oreo has brought several new features and functionalities changes to all Android-powered smartphone and tablet devices. Google has released the newest Android 8.1 Update for its Pixel and Nexus smartphones and tablets. Currently, Google has released the Official Android 8.1 Oreo Developer Preview Beta System Image Files for Huawei Nexus 6P, LG Nexus 5X, Google Pixel 2 XL, Google Pixel 2, Google Pixel XL, Google Pixel, Google Pixel C for free download, clean installation and manual flashing on Android devices to verify and test apps and games on smartphones, tablets, and TV. The official Android Emulator can also be used to test Android Oreo on Android Wear 2.0 wearable devices. The Official Download Links of Android Oreo 8.1 Developer Preview Image Files are also available below.
What’s New in Android 8.1 Features?
As per official Android Developers blogpost, the latest version of Android Oreo 8.1 firmware brings new notification channels, wide-gamut color for apps, adaptive icons, autofill APIs, limiting background running apps, picture-in-picture mode (PIP), improved doze for battering saving, font resources in XML, improved connectivity, enhanced audio and webview, partner platform contributions, keyboard navigation, java 8 language APIs optimization, Android Go memory optimizations and targeting, Neural Networks API, Google’s upcoming cross-platform ML framework for mobile, Autofill enhancements, Shared memory API, and lots of other new functions and changes.
How to Manually Flash Android Oreo 8.1 Preview Beta?
There are 3 simple ways to manually install Android Oreo system image on compatible Android smartphone, tablet, and TV devices i.e.
- Manually flash Android Oreo system image by following this easy instructions from Google.
- You can also use official Android Emulator system image on macOS, Windows and Linux operating systems on your laptop and computer.
- Enroll your supported Android device with Android Beta program to get over-the-air Android Oreo OTA Updates from Google. For more details, Go Here.
Compatible Android Devices for Android 8.1 Oreo Developer Preview Installation:
- Huawei Nexus 6P
- LG Nexus 5X
- Google Pixel 2 XL
- Google Pixel 2
- Google Pixel XL
- Google Pixel
- Google Pixel C
Download Android Oreo 8.1 Preview 2 Beta via Official Links: (Build OPP6.171019.012)
- Download Android 8.1 Preview 2 Beta for Nexus 6P | Factory Images
- Download Android 8.1 Preview 2 Beta for Nexus 5X | Factory Images
- Download Android 8.1 Preview 2 Beta for Pixel | Factory Images
- Download Android 8.1 Preview 2 Beta for Pixel XL | Factory Images
- Download Android 8.1 Preview 2 Beta for Pixel 2 | Factory Images
- Download Android 8.1 Preview 2 Beta for Pixel 2 XL | Factory Images
- Download Android 8.1 Preview 2 Beta for Pixel C | Factory Images