Google has officially announced its next major seventh update of Android mobile operating system for smartphones and tablets i.e. Android 7 Update, just before Google’s annual developer conference I/O 2016 in May. Just like past practices, the name has been officially announced by Google i.e. Android Nougat (or Android N). You can get more detailed Review of Android Nougat Features, Functionalities, Compatibility and Availability in this post.
Review of Android Nougat Features and Functions
As per the very first Android Nougat Developer Preview version released by Google this week, following is the list of Android Nougat features and functions that has been found while testing and experimenting. Remember that below mentioned features are not permanent; some of them might get removed when final version of Android Nougat 7.0 released.
- Multi-Window Mode (side-by-side)
- Picture-in-Picture Mode, works similar like minimized video in YouTube app
- Split-Screen Mode for Multitasking
- Direct Reply to Notifications
- Bundled Notifications
- New Settings Menu
- Efficient Battery with Improved Doze Feature
- Support for Java 8 Language, moved to OpenJDK from Java APIs
- Introduction of new Android Beta Program for Developers to Receive Over-the-Air (OTA) Updates directly into Phones, instead of flashing factory images.
- Night Mode and Dark Mode Themes
- Memory Optimization with Project Svelte
- Change Display Size or Resolution i.e. Display’s DPI Setting. Go to Settings > Display > Display Size to change the size of on-screen contents.
- Advanced Data Saver to Reduced Internet Data Usage
- Improved Call Screening and Number Blocking
- Display Emergency Info on Phone’s Lock Screen
- Option to Show / Hide App Drawer Icon
- Better ChromeOS Integration
- Stock Stylus Support
- New Messaging App to replace Hangouts SMS/MMs integration with Rich Communications Services (RCS) platform for talk, text, video chat, files sharing and instant messaging services.
- Improved Smart Lock for Passwords
- Background Services Optimization
- TV Recording
- Faster Apps Optimization for Fast Boot
- Improved Recent Apps Feature
- General Improvements, Bugs Fixes and UI / UX Tweaks
- Better Tablet Support
Compatible Android Nougat Phones and Tablets
If you’re Google Nexus device owner, then you’re the first one who can test-drive Android Nougat Firmware Update instantly. Other Android device manufacturers i.e. Samsung, Sony, LG, Motorola, HTC, Huawei etc. will also follow-up afterwards. Initially and currently, following Android-powered devices are supported by Android 7 Nougat Update.
- Huawei Nexus 6P
- LG Nexus 5X
- Motorola Nexus 6
- HTC Nexus 9 (Wi-Fi and LTE)
- Google Pixel C
- Google Nexus Player
- Android One device
- LG Nexus 5 (Not Confirmed)
- Asus Nexus 7 (2013) (Not Confirmed)
Android Nougat Release Date
The expected release date of Android Nougat Final Version has been confirmed as September 30, 2016, Q3-2016. The all-new latest flagships of Google Nexus i.e. Nexus 6P (2016) and Nexus 5X (2016) or whatever the name will be; new version of Android-N will comes pre-installed and alongside with new Nexus devices.
Android Nougat Developer Preview Availability
Google has already released Android Nougat Developer Preview 1 Update for nexus devices, and also revealed the timeline of five monthly developer previews in advance of the final release of Android 7.0 by the end of September 2016. The official Android Nougat Update Schedule is as follow;
- March 2016: Android Nougat Developer Preview 1 (Alpha)
- April 2016: Android Nougat Developer Preview 2 (Beta)
- May 2016: Android Nougat Developer Preview 3 (Beta)
- June 2016: Android Nougat Developer Preview 4 (Final APIs and SDK)
- July 2016: Android Nougat Developer Preview 5 (Near-Final Build)
- August / September 2016: Final Android Nougat AOSP Build
To get started with developer preview of Android 7 Nougat, Click Here, and to join Android Beta Program, Click Here.
Video of Android Nougat Features
Android Nougat Screenshots
4 комментария к «Android Nougat 7.0 Features, Availability, Compatibility, Review»
After I originally commented I seem to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a comment is added I receive four emails with the exact same comment. Is there an easy method you can remove me from that service? Appreciate it!
It’s nearly impossible to find experienced people about this topic, however, you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks
Hey there! I simply want to offer you a huge thumbs up for your great info you’ve got right here on this post. I am coming back to your blog for more soon.
Pretty! This was an incredibly wonderful article. Thank you for providing this info.