Facebook has officially announed its second annual edition of Facebook’s Hacker Cup 2012. If you are a good hacker, coder, programmer, engineer and tech geek than you can become a world champion of hacking world and can proof your talent to the entire world. Facebook has opened the registration for participants to Enter into Facebook’s 2012 Hacker Cup. What participants has to do is to solve algorithmic problems to advance through up to five rounds of programming challenges and they will be judged on accuracy and speed, so you have to perfect in all aspect to win the race.
This is your one of a life time opportunity to compete against the world’s best programmers, coders, engineers and hackers to win awesome prizes and the title of World Champion. This contest is one of the biggest contest and competition of Social Networking arena and your big chance to win big prize.
What Facebook’s 2012 Hacker Cup Offering?
- What: An annual algorithmic programming contest open to engineers from around the world.
- Where: Three online rounds with the finals at Facebook’s headquarters in California.
- When: Registration opens January 4, 2012 with the three online rounds occurring throughout January 2012. World finals to follow.
- Finals: We’ll pay to fly and accommodate the top 25 hackers from the third online round out to our campus.
- Prizes: Of course! $5,000 USD and title as world champion to the top hacker, $2,000 for second place, $1,000 for third, and $100 for fourth through 25th. Awesome t-shirts for the top 100 hackers coming out of the second online round.
How to Enter into Facebook’s 2012 Hacker Cup?
- All registered competitors will participate in a 72-hour qualification round starting January 20 at 4 p.m. Pacific Time, and running through January 23 at 4 p.m. Three problems will be presented for competitors to solve, and all of those who solve at least one correctly will advance to the first online round.
- The first online round will send participants who solve at least one problem correctly on to the next round. If more than 500 people are successful, the top 500 will advance, along with everyone with the same number of correct answers as the contestant in 500th place. The round will begin January 28 at 10 a.m. and end January 29 at 10 a.m.
- The second online round will be held February 4 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. The top 100 will advance to the next round and receive official Hacker Cup T-shirts.
- The third and final online round is set for February 11 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., and the top 25 will move on to the final round at Facebook’s headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- The final round will be held at the social network’s headquarters March 17, where the 25 finalists will be flown on Facebook’s dime to compete for a grand prize of $5,000, the title of top hacker, and the inscription of their name on the Hacker Cup. The second-place finisher gets $2,000, $1,000 goes to the third-place finisher, and the remaining finalists receive $100 apiece.
So what you guys are waiting for? Just enter into the Facebook’s 2012 Hacker Cup Contest and become a World Champion with $5,000 USD prize. For more details about this click here.
Один комментарий к “Enter into Facebook’s Hacker Cup 2012 and Win $5000 USD”
Howdy! This article could not be written much better! Looking at this article reminds me of my previous roommate! He constantly kept talking about this. I’ll forward this information to him. Pretty sure he will have a very good read. Many thanks for sharing!