At I/O 2014 developer conference, Google has unveiled and announced company’s major new products and services lineup which includes; Android Wear, Android Auto, Android TV, Google Fit, Project Volta, Android Extension Pack, Enhanced Notifications, Material Design, and last but not the least, next software version of Android mobile operating system called «Android L» for Smartphones and Tablets devices, that will supersede previously released «Android KitKat». So today, we will provide Review of Android L Features, Functionality, Compatibility and Availability details.
After the announcement of upcoming Google products and services during a keynote presentation at the I/O 2014 developer conference, many tech geeks and giants guru said that, Google will give tough time to its competitors i.e. Apple and Microsoft with the introduction of its future products and services. Many tech analysts are also saying that;
Google’s Android TV, A wearable computing platform Android Wear, An in-car platform Android Auto, The health tracking platform Google Fit and, A new cross-platform user-interface (UI) Material Design language is a direct competitor of Apple’s TV, Apple iWatch, Apple CarPlay, Apple HealthKit and new Swift programming language, which Apple had announced at its main event of World Wide Developer Conference 2014 (WWDC 2014) this year.
Android L Review
And with the introduction of upcoming release of the Android mobile operating system «Android L», You can also considered it to be the direct competitor of upcoming Apple’s iOS 8 Firmware for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices. It’s still undisclosed by Google, what «L» actually refers in «Android L» name? Either it’s called Lemon Drop, Lollipop, Lemonade, Lemon-lime etc. And the next «Android L» build version number or codename is also undisclosed by Google yet, either it’s an Android 4.5 or Android 5.0 version? Nevertheless, soon users will get to know all the answers, once Android L Updates properly enrolled for smartphones and tablets.
List of Android L Features, Changes and Functionalities
You can read the official Android L Features, Changes and Functionalities changelog, which Google has brought in its upcoming mobile operating system Android L.
- Volta, improved battery stats, predicted time remaining, battery historian
- TV input framework
- RecycleView, CardView, path animations, color extractor
- Personal unlocking, enterprise, lock to app apis
- OpenGL ES 3.1 and Android Extension Pack
- New quick settings, phone rotation lock
- Material theme, activity transitions, view shadows, view elevation
- Map Email
- Low latency audio recording, audio patch-panel, improved AV sync, USB audio
- Lockscreen notifications, heads-up notifications, do not disturb
- JobsScheduler, multi-network
- Improved game controller support
- HFP 1.6 SAP, multi HFP
- H.265, NDK media APIs
- Document-centric multi-tasking
- Closed caption, color inversion, color space correction, improved text rendering
- Cast-receiver hardware-assisted hot-word
- Burst-mode camera APIs
- Bluetooth 4.1, BLE central and peripheral modes
- Battery Saver mode, time to charge, time on lock screen
- ART, 64-bit trusted execution environment
List of Android L Phones and Tablets Compatibility
Currently, it’s not made known by Google, which smartphone and tablet devices will get Android L Software Updates first, but according to past practices of Google, the latest Android L firmware will be initially compatible and supported by following devices.
- LG Google Nexus 5 Smartphone.
- Asus Google Nexus 7 Tablet.
- HTC One M8 Smartphone.
- HTC One Smartphone.
- Motorola Moto X Smartphone.
- Other Google Nexus Devices. (Nexus One, Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 10, Nexus Q)
- Google Experience Devices.
- Google Play Edition or Developer Edition Devices and the list might go on.
Android L Release Date and Availability Details
It’s expected that Android L Software Update will be released to manufacturing in Late-2014. Currently, an official Android L Developer Preview beta version is publicly available for download and installation on selected Google Nexus devices i.e. (Nexus 5 and Nexus 7) as a replacement factory image flashed in Fastboot mode.
Android L Hands-On Video Review Running on Nexus 5 and Nexus 7
Official Android L Software Images and Screenshots
2 комментария к «Google’s Android L Review, Features, Compatibility & Availability Details»
Hello there! This article could not be written any better! Reading through this article reminds me of my previous roommate! He constantly kept talking about this. I most certainly will forward this article to him. Pretty sure he’ll have a great read. Many thanks for sharing!
The very next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesn’t disappoint me as much as this particular one. I mean, Yes, it was my choice to read, but I truly thought you would have something helpful to talk about. All I hear is a bunch of complaining about something you can fix if you were not too busy searching for attention.