Warning: This is not to be attempted if you do not wish to block carrier access. TechGlobeX is not responsible for any damage that may occur, even loss of data that may occur. Remember; proceed at your own risk!
Steps to Upgrade to a new Apple iOS 5 firmware:
- Download the iOS 5 IPSW firmware file (Google is your friend) to your PC.
- Update via iTunes. Click using the Option key or Shift key while clicking Update. Select the file you downloaded.
- Once it upgrades, a new activation screen will appear.
- Triple click the home button. This activates the VoiceOver.
- Triple click the home button. Emergency Call will appear.
- Click on emergency call, and while it is switching, swipe with three fingers down.
- Notification Center will appear.
- Click on the Weather Widget and it will load.
- Click on the home button. The iOS device will exit the springboard.
Hurray! Your iOS device is now fully activated and operational. Good luck on playing with the new iOS 5.